A wonderful legend surrounds Peregrine 1st Flush Mountain china black tea. One of the finest teas produced in Yunnan it has both a wonderful malt and raw black tea character.
The legend says a young boy had to make a choice to either free a trapped Peregrine, caught in a snare laid by a local warlord, or let the bird die.
The bird spoke to the boy and promised if he set him free, he would lead him to a field of undiscovered tea from which he could make much money, some to pay a tribute to the warlord, and some for himself.
The boy set the Peregrine free and so Peregrine 1st Flush Mountain tea was found!
- ORIGIN:-Yunnan -China: Grown: 3500 -5000ft above sea level.
- CAFFEINE:-Approx between 27- 35mg per cup
- LEAVES:-Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe Special
- AROMA:-Lively Malt notes
- COLOUR:-Bright yellow with golden coppery highlights
- TASTE:-Full bodied black tea taste with malty highlights
- WELL BEING:-Special, Different, Alert, Refreshed