Gyokuro is by far one of, if not the best, green tea from Japan.
During production, the tea is covered with black curtains or bamboo and straw shades to increase the presence of chlorophyll and reduce the tannin content.
The result? A darker greener leaf that has a sweeter flavour with no bitterness.
Usually brewed in a Kyushu, a special Japanese teapot, you can be sure to enjoy a full flavoured green tea that is very satisfying.
- ORIGIN:-Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan. Grown: 500 - 1500ft. above sea level
- CAFFEINE:-Approx 20mg per cup
- LEAVES:-Gyokuro, Shade grown and steamed green tea.
- AROMA:-Light and fragrant with vegetative notes
- COLOUR:-Very bright
- TASTE:-Full flavoured green tea with a satisfying light refreshing character.
- WELL BEING:-Special, Detoxed, Inspired, Relaxed, Balanced, Different